Today as I was wondering why I had a mysteriously large amount of people interested in why Japan gave up the gun and wheel , I sought to investigate how the people who read my blog actually get there. It is that subject I wish to briefly examine today, ranking and discussing the portals.
1. Facebook: it ought to come as no surprise that Facebook is the biggest source of visitors to my blog. What may be a surprise is just how many–as of the time of writing this article, 1598 visits to my blog have been made through links on Facebook. This is why I post to my Facebook profile, as it happens to be a place where people are looking.
2. en.wordpress.com: WordPress itself is the #2 portal onto my profile (keep up the good work) with 79 visits to date. The most popular tag is Cogwa, for some unknown reason, but Somaliland, Church of God, Education, and Christianity have also been notable tags.
3. mail.yahoo.com: Yahoo’s e-mail forwards have been responsible for 45 visits to my site.
4. theshininglight.info: James Malm’s Shining Light Blog comes in at the #4 spot with 36 visits (mostly looking my postings on the notorious Pinelli e-mail, it seems).
5. Twitter: Before I posted my wordpress blogs on Twitter, I was lucky to use Twitter every few months, but now at least I have some content on my feed–and 30 times people have used Twitter to get to an entry, including 9 times from my feed and three times looking for Somaliland.
6 (tie). mail.live.com: 21 times someone has used a link on live.com to get to this blog based on e-mail forwards.
6 (tie). http://mudahbuatduitonline.forexpiptrade.info/: 21 times, all of them today, this particular (and obscure) site has sent people to read about why Japan gave up the gun and wheel. Thanks, whoever you are.
8. somalilandglobe.com: 17 times someone has clicked on a link on this particular site to reach my blog, almost all of them looking for my article (which was published by their web magazine) on Somaliland, oil, and legitimacy .
9. ogaalnews.net: 14 people have looked for Somaliland information from that particular site, one reason I keep a somaliland tab for those looking for those articles.
10. alphainventions.com: I don’t know what this site does or what people were looking for, but 11 people have used it to get to this site.
Honorable Mention: Honorable mention goes out to http://theplaintruth.websitetoolbox.com/post?id=5032231, which has linked to my book review of Shocked By The Bible  in order to help sell autographed copies of the book. If you want one, go check them out. Honorable mention also goes to http://armstrongismlibrary.blogspot.com/ for their plug of my take on the Systematic Theology Project  . I really do pay attention to where my visitors come from, and appreciate the links.